Monday, March 26, 2012

how to show all the permission for a role

Hello,
I have an application database that has a role with specific permission to
each objects like table, proc, views.
There are about 200+ objects with different permission. some are select,
insert, ddr.
How can I write a SQL statement to show a report of this role with all the
different objects permissions.
I was able to go to role in Enterprise Manager and select permission.
I need an excel report. It would best it I can get the same results that I
see in EM using Query Analyzer.
You can use Northwind.
Any suggestions.Hi,
Execute the system stored procedure
sp_helprotect null,<Role Name>
Thanks
Hari
SQL Server MVP
"SQL Apprentice" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have an application database that has a role with specific permission to
> each objects like table, proc, views.
> There are about 200+ objects with different permission. some are select,
> insert, ddr.
> How can I write a SQL statement to show a report of this role with all the
> different objects permissions.
> I was able to go to role in Enterprise Manager and select permission.
> I need an excel report. It would best it I can get the same results that
I
> see in EM using Query Analyzer.
> You can use Northwind.
> Any suggestions.
>
>|||Thank you Hari.
"Hari Pra" <HariPra@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FEB28171-446D-4EEB-8708-8BEFA4D3B0DA@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> Execute the system stored procedure
> sp_helprotect null,<Role Name>
> Thanks
> Hari
> SQL Server MVP
>
> "SQL Apprentice" wrote:
>
to
the
that I

No comments:

Post a Comment