Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to show SUBREPORT when no data is returned.

I have a subreport within the details section of my main report. This is enclosed by a single group. When I preview the subreport alone, it diplays the subreport correctly with no data (meaning it still displays the header and footer without a detail section). When the subreport is run within the main report and no subreport data is returned the subreport does not show.

Based on other threads I understand that the default functionality is to display headers and footers when no data is returned. This appears accurate except on a subreport.

Would the "no rows"-property help you? there you can define a message that is shown when the subreport has no rows..|||

I fixed this by returning a row of nulls in my return dataset when no records where found. Works.

No comments:

Post a Comment