Wednesday, March 28, 2012

how to show summary numbers inside data

Hello, I am very new to Rpt Svcs, and am stuck on a report I have to build.
I have a simple report that shows agent code, state, and zipcode for hte
clients of a given agent. I need to modify this report to show a summary of
how many clients are in each zipcode in each state for each agent.
How do I design my report to allow a first glance to be the agent(s), then
drill down to a state-->count of clients/state rpt, then drill down to number
of clients per zip in that state, then drill down to show the full data for
that zip?
is this a code issue or can rpt svc group my results and display the data
the way I want it?
thank you in advance!!No and yes.
Sort the data by agent, zipcode and client.
Add group for agent and for zipcode.
In the footer of each group, add a field to capture count. For the
expression:
=Count(Fields!ClientId.Value) or whatever uniquely identifies the client in
the result set.
After that, get some beer and sandwiches and do what I do, chase your golf
balls around in the woods all day.
-Tim
"Carl Henthorn" <CarlHenthorn@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E53C91FB-FC7F-4B29-B91F-5ACB6C4E177C@.microsoft.com...
> Hello, I am very new to Rpt Svcs, and am stuck on a report I have to
> build.
> I have a simple report that shows agent code, state, and zipcode for hte
> clients of a given agent. I need to modify this report to show a summary
> of
> how many clients are in each zipcode in each state for each agent.
> How do I design my report to allow a first glance to be the agent(s), then
> drill down to a state-->count of clients/state rpt, then drill down to
> number
> of clients per zip in that state, then drill down to show the full data
> for
> that zip?
> is this a code issue or can rpt svc group my results and display the data
> the way I want it?
> thank you in advance!!|||Hey pretty simple, can be done using toggle visibility.. If you want some
samples go to adventureWorks Sample and go to "Territory Sales Drilldown"
after seeing that I think you can build your reports.
Amarnath
"Tim Dot NoSpam" wrote:
> No and yes.
> Sort the data by agent, zipcode and client.
> Add group for agent and for zipcode.
> In the footer of each group, add a field to capture count. For the
> expression:
> =Count(Fields!ClientId.Value) or whatever uniquely identifies the client in
> the result set.
> After that, get some beer and sandwiches and do what I do, chase your golf
> balls around in the woods all day.
> -Tim
> "Carl Henthorn" <CarlHenthorn@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E53C91FB-FC7F-4B29-B91F-5ACB6C4E177C@.microsoft.com...
> > Hello, I am very new to Rpt Svcs, and am stuck on a report I have to
> > build.
> > I have a simple report that shows agent code, state, and zipcode for hte
> > clients of a given agent. I need to modify this report to show a summary
> > of
> > how many clients are in each zipcode in each state for each agent.
> > How do I design my report to allow a first glance to be the agent(s), then
> > drill down to a state-->count of clients/state rpt, then drill down to
> > number
> > of clients per zip in that state, then drill down to show the full data
> > for
> > that zip?
> > is this a code issue or can rpt svc group my results and display the data
> > the way I want it?
> > thank you in advance!!
>
>|||Rule Number 1. Never respond to peoples' requests for assistance after
beers. Actually, I still think my advice was sound...
"Amarnath" <Amarnath@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FCE0E20C-2D62-4277-BBBC-FD1437165F8C@.microsoft.com...
> Hey pretty simple, can be done using toggle visibility.. If you want some
> samples go to adventureWorks Sample and go to "Territory Sales Drilldown"
> after seeing that I think you can build your reports.
> Amarnath
>
> "Tim Dot NoSpam" wrote:
>> No and yes.
>> Sort the data by agent, zipcode and client.
>> Add group for agent and for zipcode.
>> In the footer of each group, add a field to capture count. For the
>> expression:
>> =Count(Fields!ClientId.Value) or whatever uniquely identifies the client
>> in
>> the result set.
>> After that, get some beer and sandwiches and do what I do, chase your
>> golf
>> balls around in the woods all day.
>> -Tim
>> "Carl Henthorn" <CarlHenthorn@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:E53C91FB-FC7F-4B29-B91F-5ACB6C4E177C@.microsoft.com...
>> > Hello, I am very new to Rpt Svcs, and am stuck on a report I have to
>> > build.
>> > I have a simple report that shows agent code, state, and zipcode for
>> > hte
>> > clients of a given agent. I need to modify this report to show a
>> > summary
>> > of
>> > how many clients are in each zipcode in each state for each agent.
>> > How do I design my report to allow a first glance to be the agent(s),
>> > then
>> > drill down to a state-->count of clients/state rpt, then drill down to
>> > number
>> > of clients per zip in that state, then drill down to show the full data
>> > for
>> > that zip?
>> > is this a code issue or can rpt svc group my results and display the
>> > data
>> > the way I want it?
>> > thank you in advance!!
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment